Sunday, February 24, 2008

Climbing the Stairs - Author Events

Book reading/signing events scheduled for CLIMBING THE STAIRS
Thursday May 1 The Other Tiger Bookstore, Westerly, RI, 3:00-5:00
Tuesday May 6 University of Rhode Island, Multicultural Center, 12:00-2:00
Saturday May 17 Barrington Books, Barrington, RI, 2:00 p.m.
Sunday May 18 Front Steet Books, Scituate, MA, 2:00 p.m.
Saturday May 31 Books on the Square, Providence, RI, 2:00 p.m.
Saturday Jun 14 Wellesley Booksmith, Wellesley, MA, 2:00 p.m.
Saturday Jun 28 Bank Square Books, Mystic, CT, 3:00 p.m.
There will be Indian Music, Indian Food, and Indian Art and Craft activities at most of the above events.

5 comments:

Jillu Madrasi said...

Nothing in Boston itself?

Padma Venkatraman said...

Not yet, but my publicity person at Penguin is trying to arrange one in Boston. For now, there's one near Boston - at the Wellesley Booksmith in Wellesley, June 14th, 2-4 (saturday afternoon). Would love to see you.

Anonymous said...

I am doing a book report for school and I need to know when you were born. I have found your birthplace but not your birthdate.

Anonymous said...

What early influences did you have that have influenced you and your writing?

Padma Venkatraman said...

HI there,
I was born November 13, 1969. Good luck with your book report. I'd suggest reading what's on my website www.cliofindia.com/padma, as well as my blog book tour, and my new site www.climbingthestairsbook.com - all have information on my work. I'd love to post a more detailed response, but I'm incredibly busy at the moment.
All best
Padma